What is Indeed Assessment?
Indeed is a free service to job seekers, where you can upload a resume, create job alert emails, search for jobs, save them and apply to them directly. Indeed created it's own Assessments which are commonly use to validate job candidate skills on Indeed profile or as part of the application process for various positions.
Indeed Assessments are a group of over 150 short tests that evaluate different professional skills. Indeed designed these Assessments to help employers quickly find candidates with the skills they need. By looking at the results of the assessments, employers can send skills tests to candidates and then see how candidates perform in relation to others that have taken the same assessment. Indeed Assessments are skill-based and may be taken either by the request from a potential employer, or just to showcase specific skills on your profile.
There are a lot of different Indeed tests available. On this page, you will find vital information about Indeed Tests, what to expect and how to make the most out of them.
Typical Indeed Excel Test Questions Categories
It's important to note that Excel tests can vary widely in content and difficulty, so it's important to review the specific requirements of the test you will be taking in order to prepare effectively. The specific questions on an Indeed Excel Test can vary depending on the purpose of the test and the level of proficiency being tested, but here are some common types of question categories:
- Basic Excel operations: These questions may test your ability to perform basic operations in Excel, such as data entry, formatting cells, and basic calculations.
- Excel Functions: Excel has a wide range of built-in functions that allow you to perform more complex calculations and operations. Excel test questions may ask you to use functions such as SUM, AVERAGE, MAX, MIN, IF, and VLOOKUP.
- Excel Pivot Tables: Pivot Tables are a powerful tool in Excel for summarizing and analyzing large amounts of data. Excel test questions may ask you to create a Pivot Table, modify an existing Pivot Table, or use Pivot Table functions such as filtering and sorting.
- Excel Macros: Macros are automated processes that can be created in Excel to perform repetitive tasks. Excel test questions may ask you to create a basic macro or modify an existing macro.
- Excel Data analysis: Excel is often used for data analysis, and Excel test questions may ask you to perform tasks such as sorting and filtering data, using conditional formatting, or creating charts and graphs to display data.
- Excel Keyboard shortcuts: Excel test questions may also ask you to demonstrate your knowledge of keyboard shortcuts to perform tasks more quickly and efficiently.
Sample Indeed Assessment Test
Typical Employment Assessment Tests
Below is the list of tests typically used by employers to ensure candidate has the skills and potential to succeed on the job (you can use the link provided to review sample questions and download preparation material):
- Microsoft Excel Job Test - used during the pre-emp0loyment process to check how proficient candidates are with core Microsoft Excel features and capabilities. The type of Excel test is geared to the job descriptions and capabilities tested are typically related to the knowledge required to succeed on the job
- Aptitude Test - measures candidates analytical skills, pattern recognition, verbal reasoning skills, decision making abilities and ways of solving challenges
- Numerical Reasoning Test - measures candidate's ability to interpret numerical data, charts and graphs to do analytical calculations on the job
- Psychometric Test - measure candidates' suitability for a role based on the required personality characteristics
- Criteria Cognitive Aptitude Test (CCAT) - measures an individual's aptitude, or ability to solve problems, digest and apply information, learn new skills, and think critically
- IQ Tests - measures job candidate's intelligence, analytical skills and ability to recognize patterns
- Behavioral Test measure how people differ in their levels of motivation, values and opinions in relation to their interests.
- Personality Test - measure how people differ in their ways of working in the teams with other and working as individual contributors.
- Leadership Test - measures individuals' abilities and skills as they refer to leading, managing and directing others
- Situational Judgement Test (SJT) - measures how candidate would behave in work-based situations similar to those real scenarios that could be encountered in the job
- Customer Service Test - measures how well any given job candidate would fit with the company's needs and the overall position as a customer service representative
- Mechanical Knowledge Test - measures job candidate's mechanical understanding and mechanical knowledge
- Microsoft Word Assessment Test - measures candidate's knowledge of latest Microsoft Word features to validate skills of professionally formatting and collaborating on office documents
- Microsoft PowerPoint Assessment Test - measure candidate's skills to create professional PowerPoint Presentations
- Typing Test - measures job seeker typing speed and accuracy
Tips for Passing Your Excel Job Test!
TIP #1 – What are the Smartest Ways to Prepare for Assessment Test:
- Use outlines from Test provider (Indeed.com, SkillsCheck, IKM) and review their sample questions
- Take Online Training Courses, if available
- Download and read Assessment Test Books and eBooks
- Download and Use Practice Tests
TIP #2 – What to do during the test:
- Try to schedule test in the morning, when you have high levels of energy
- Get a good sleep before the test.
- Do not take a test if you are tired
- Read Question carefully (ideally more than once)
- Answer easy questions first (if you have a choice)
- This would allow you to leave harder questions for the end, but you will get easy answers in
- Validate your answer with more than one method (i.e. Common sense, Manual Calculations, Use Calculator etc.)
TIP #3 – How to Pass Assessment Test Today:
- Be prepared for Assessment Test at Home
- You might be monitored and timed
- Anticipate questions based on the job position
- Research and practice before the test
- Reflect after the test and take notes
- Use these notes to get ready for next test
- Improve your Skills in Between Tests by taking Practice tests and timing yourself
Excel Test Questions and Answers
A) Click on “Insert tab then select “Icon Set”
B) Click on “Insert tab” then click on “Clip Art”
C) Click on “Home” Tab and then click on “Copy as Picture”
D) Click on “Insert” tab then click on “Screenshot”
Cell values can include numbers, text or formulas?
It is the Select Center Column button.
It is the content Center alignment button.
It is the Delete Cell Contents button.
It is a content Middle Align button.
a) It allows you to view what your document will look like before you physically print the pages.
b) You access the Print Preview area of the by pressing: Control + P.
c) You access the Print Preview area by clicking on the File tab (Backstage View) to go to them and then on the Print button.
d) All of the above statements are correct.
Excel formula Bar
Excel Cell Address Bar
Excel Address Bar
Excel Column and Row Address
Excel Name Box
What Do Our Customers Saying about Us
Great information and excellent information. Just what I needed to pass my Excel Employment Interview. Kudos to you and good for me. Muchas gracias and thanks very much.
Vadim, your uploads are really helpful for me as I'm a relative newbie to Excel. I think your style of presenting is perfect for demonstrating Excel and I'm very grateful for the Bonus question at the end as I'm learning financial mathematics. Thanks again brother, keep up the good work!
Thank you so much! I always get anxious during excel practical examinations because I only know basics. This helped me a lot.
I just completed the quiz successfully! 7 questions were asked same way in the video! Will definitely learn Excel now! However it's not required for me but good to have Excel knowledge
Why PDF Download is the Best Option to Prepare for the Test
The best way to prepare for the test is to own preparation materials by downloading practice tests that match your needs. Unlike other cloud platforms we do not charge your recurring fees and allow your to download PDF, which you can use to get prepared for the assessment test. There is no shipment involved, as soon as payment is processed you can download the preparation material and start practicing.
Advantages of downloading assessment tests in PDF format to get ready for the assessment test:
- No Recurring Fees - you download the PDF file and only pay for preparation material once
- You do not need an Internet Connection to practice (you can download the test on your device and practice in the remote location to get ready for the test more effectively)
- PDF Assessment Tests are accessible on All Platforms and in any web browser (Operating Systems: MAC, Windows, IOS, Android or Linux. PDF Files can be opened in any browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc. PDF format is also device and resolution independent)
- PDF Assessment Tests are Searchable - you can use search features of your PDF reader to find specific question, tips, recommendation or text you might be looking for
- You Can make Annotations inside Downloaded PDF Assessment Tests (for example you can highlight questions, that might seem unclear, so you can come back and learn them later)
Download Top 50 Excel Assessment Test Multiple Choice Questions with Answers by clicking the button below to get read for the Interview and get hired for your Dream Job!
Limited Time SALE - $17.00 US
Excel Assessment Test
(Single Test Prep)
Top 50 Microsoft Excel Assessment Test questions with Answers and Explanations. Items Included (Instant PDF Download):
Excel Practice Test PDF: $17.00
Limited Time SALE: $17.00
Microsoft Office Value Bundle
Everything you need to prepare for the most common Employment Assessment Test. Items Included (Instant PDF Download):
Excel Practice Test PDF : $17.00
Word Practice Test PDF: $17.00
PowerPoint Practice Test PDF: $17.00
Value Bundle SALE:
Assessment Test Super Value Preparation Pack
Comprehensive Preparation Pack to get you Prepared for variety of Assessment Tests. Items Included (Instant PDF Download):
Excel Practice Test PDF: $17.00
Microsoft Word Test PDF: $17.00
PowerPoint Practice Test PDF: $17.00
LinkedIn Excel Quiz PDF: $17.00
Aptitude Practice Test PDF: $17.00
IQ Practice Test PDF: $17.00
Super Value Pack SALE: