PwC Hiring Process
PwC, also known as PricewaterhouseCoopers, is one of the largest organizations in the world offering professional business services, including accounting, auditing, human resources consulting, and strategy management. PwC is among the “Big Four” professional services firms, alongside Deloitte, Ernst & Young, and KPMG.
PwC uses pre-employment tests to assess the aptitude, personality, and skills of job candidates to determine if they are the right fit for roles in the the industry and to help company assesses skills and knowledge of perspective candidates to ensure fit for the position before hiring. Main objective of the assessment is to ensure that candidate knows how to make decisions under time limits and pressure, knows how to solve problems and apply knowledge to new situations as well as communicate and reason.
In this post, you will find essential information about typical PwC Assessment Tests used during pre-employment process, learn about sample questions from the most recent test and what to expect during the test and learn how to prepare for each of the tests quickly.
Assessment Test Q&A (Questions & Answers)
- Microsoft Excel Test - used during the recruitment process to check how proficient candidates are with Microsoft Excel features and capabilities
- Aptitude Test - measures peoples verbal reasoning skills, pattern recognition, decision making abilities and ways of solving challenges
- Numerical Reasoning Test - measures candidate's ability to interpret numerical data, charts and graphs
- Psychometric Test - measure candidates' suitability for a role based on the required personality characteristics
- Criteria Cognitive Aptitude Test (CCAT) - measures an individual's aptitude, or ability to solve problems, digest and apply information, learn new skills, and think critically
- IQ Tests - measures job candidate's intelligence, analytical skills and ability to recognize patterns
- Behavioral Test measure how people differ in their levels of motivation, values and opinions in relation to their interests.
- Personality Test - measure how people differ in their ways of working in the teams with other and working as individual contributors.
- Leadership Test - measures individuals' abilities and skills as they refer to leading, managing and directing others
- Situational Judgement Test (SJT) - measures how candidate would behave in work-based situations similar to those real scenarios that could be encountered in the job
Most of the times employers use assessment tests when hiring new candidate or promoting a person within the organization:
- Hiring and Employment Assessment - hiring manager or HR might choose to test job candidate before hiring to ensure candidate is a good fit for the position.
- Growing Talent inside the organization - for example some companies use the test before making decision to promote the candidate for the position inside the organization
- Determine Levels of Motivation - for example, if your company is looking to implement a new system or technology it might be helpful to assess people on their interests and motivations related to new technology.
- Hiring interns for a full time roles - very frequently organizations need to be able to assess analytical skills and cognitive abilities to determine if person is the right for for the position. Very often psychometric tests can help you to uncover values and interests that are fundamental to overall career satisfaction.
- Converting Temporary worker or Consultant into Full time position - a lot of times companies are interested in building capabilities inside the organization or trying to reduce the cost and offer contractors, consultants or temporary workers, currently working at the company, to convert to full time jobs
Assessment Tests are very stressful, and it is easy to loose control and to rush to complete all questions. Effective time management on the test is essential to getting a good score on the test and you can increase your chance of passing the assessment by practicing the test beforehand.
If you managed to get nervous on the test try removing anxiety by using calming breathing exercises, taking a restroom break to regroup, sip some water, take a breath between test sections or eat a quick snack.
One of the most useful recommendations to prepare for employment assessment test is to find out which tests are used for the job position you are applying for and practice beforehand. Ask the HR or hiring manager if they use their own test or whether test is administered by a third party vendor. Even though you would never know about what exact questions you will be asked throughout the testing process, when practicing the similar test you will become familiar with the types of questions you will be presented with the time constraints which will make your practice extremely realistic and will get your ready for the real test.
PwC Leadership Assessment Prep Kit
PwC Leadership Assessment Tests are very challenging due to their tight time-limit and adaptive questioning.
Yet you have to take them as a part of your PwC employment and job application process. We appreciate your time and effort to learn and fully prepare for the tests.
To help you get off on the right foot and ace the PwC Leadership Assessment Test:
- This test contains tailored practice materials focus on the precise skills needed to succeed on these tests.
- Tests that simulate the look and feel of the real assessment tests so you’ll know what to expect.
- Full explanations for every question plus Assessment test tips on how to handle the time pressure.
Sample Assessment Test
Did you know?
To increase your chances of passing the test learn about test format. You can ask how many questions are on the test and what kind of questions are there (multiple choice questions, true false, simulator questions etc.). You can also learn about the number of questions on the test and the time required to complete the test.
Take a Free Practice Test
TIP #1 – What are the Smartest Ways to Prepare for the Assessment Test?
- Identify the type of test you will be required to complete and practice by finding and taking as many tests as you possibly can
- A lot of time companies work with the assessment test providers. Find the provider your future employer might be using and research the types of tests and questions provider might be using
- Some assessment test providers help you prepare for the test and might offer practice test: find their web site and use their materials to get ready.
- When practicing the test simulate real test conditions: set a time time constraint – when practicing sample questions, be sure to give yourself between 30 seconds to one minute to solve each question.
- Learn from your mistakes: don’t just skim through the answers and explanations but try to understand the patterns and rationale for the explained answers to make sure you will not make similar mistakes in the future.
TIP #2 – Best Practices from the Test Day:
- If possible, try to schedule test in the morning, when you have high levels of energy
- Get a good sleep before the test.
- Do not take a test if you are tired
- Read Question carefully (ideally more than once)
- Answer easy questions first (if you have a choice)
- This would allow you to leave harder questions for the end, but you will get easy answers in
- Validate your answer with more than one method (i.e. Common sense, Manual Calculations, Use Calculator etc.)
TIP #3 – How to Prepare and Pass Assessment Test:
- Be prepared for taking Assessment Test at Home: you might be monitored and timed during the test by provider using your laptop's camera to observe what you might be doing
- Anticipate questions based on the job position
- You can skip questions; however, most likely you will not be allowed to go back to them.
- Today most tests are administered online, but most test providers allow you to use pen and scratch paper. Some providers also allow you to use a calculator
- Research and practice before the test
- Reflect after the test and take notes right after the test. During your preparation sessions use these notes to get ready for next test
- Improve your skills in between tests by taking practice tests and timing yourself
Sample Personality Test Question
Next Step: Get Ready for Assessment Test - Download PDF eBook
The best way to prepare for the test is to own preparation materials by downloading practice tests that match your needs. Unlike other cloud platforms we do not charge your recurring fees and allow your to download PDF, which you can use to get prepared for the assessment test. There is no shipment involved, as soon as payment is processed you can download the preparation material and start practicing.
Advantages of downloading assessment tests in PDF format to get ready for the assessment test:
- No Recurring Fees - you download the PDF file and only pay for preparation material once
- You do not need an Internet Connection to practice (you can download the test on your device and practice in the remote location to get ready for the test more effectively)
- PDF Assessment Tests are accessible on All Platforms and in any web browser (Operating Systems: MAC, Windows, IOS, Android or Linux. PDF Files can be opened in any browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc. PDF format is also device and resolution independent)
- PDF Assessment Tests are Searchable - you can use search features of your PDF reader to find specific question, tips, recommendation or text you might be looking for
- You Can make Annotations inside Downloaded PDF Assessment Tests (for example you can highlight questions, that might seem unclear, so you can come back and learn them later)
Top 50 Aptitude Test Questions and Answers is everything you need to get ready for Aptitude Assessment Test. An Aptitude Test is an pre-employment hiring exam, which is used by to determine an how well candidate is prepared to succeed in a given activity. It also ensures that candidate has a good grasp and can solve business problems, using the data presented to help make business decision for the organization. In addition to the practice questions and answers in this PDF eBook you will also learn about strategies to successfully pass Assessment Test, most efficient ways to get prepared, time management tips for exam preparations, tips and tricks to answer different types of questions and much more.
Who Created Training Materials
Vadim Mikhailenko, MBA, is an experienced coach, trainer and Consultant with over 20 years of professional experience
- Vadim works as a consultant and educator helping students to find jobs and get hired
- He has hired many people and knows interview and assessment test process from inside out
- Vadim holds Masters Degree in Computer Science and MBA degree from Keller Graduate School of Management
Learn from an industry expert and insider and get hired for that job, to launch your own career
(Single Test Prep)
Top 50 Aptitude Assessment Test questions with Answers and Explanations. Items Included (Instant PDF Download):
Aptitude Practice Test PDF: $17.00
Limited Time SALE: $17.00
Employment Plus Value Bundle
Everything you need to prepare for the most common Employment Assessment Test. Items Included (Instant PDF Download):
Aptitude Practice Test PDF: $17.00
IQ Practice Test PDF : $17.00
Excel Practice Test PDF: $17.00
Value Bundle SALE:
Assessment Test Super Value Preparation Pack
Comprehensive Preparation Pack to get you Prepared for variety of Assessment Tests. Items Included (Instant PDF Download):
Aptitude Practice Test PDF: $17.00
IQ Practice Test PDF: $17.00
Excel Practice Test PDF: $17.00
Microsoft Word Test PDF: $17.00
LinkedIn Excel Quiz PDF: $17.00
Super Value Pack SALE: