Indeed is a free service to job seekers, where you can upload a resume, create job alert emails, search for jobs, save them and apply to them directly. Indeed created it's own Assessments which are commonly use to validate job candidate skills on Indeed profile or as part of the application process for various positions.
There are a lot of different Indeed tests available. On this page, you will find vital information about Indeed Tests, what to expect and how to make the most out of them. In addition, you will learn how to get ready for the most popular Indeed assessments:
- Indeed Aptitude Assessment Test - measures peoples verbal reasoning skills, decision making abilities and ways of solving challenges
- Indeed General Knowledge Test Preparation (IQ Test) - Use this Preparation Guide to improve your general knowledge and ability to pass assessment test. This practice guide helps you improve your mental capacity, alertness and ability to recognize patterns
- Indeed Customer Situations Assessment – Learn how to pass this tricky assessment with guided answers based on the type of behaviors expected of successful customer service representatives.
- Indeed Mechanical Knowledge Assessment – sharpen your mechanical understanding and practice multiple choice questions on mechanical knowledge, simulating the mechanical/advanced mechanical test questions.
- Indeed Typing Test- improve your typing speed by practicing timed typing tests, and ensure you meet the required WPM (words per minute) score for a job offer.
What is Indeed Assessment?
Indeed Assessments are a group of over 150 short tests that evaluate different professional skills. Indeed designed these Assessments to help employers quickly find candidates with the skills they need. By looking at the results of the assessments, employers can send skills tests to candidates and then see how candidates perform in relation to others that have taken the same assessment. Indeed Assessments are skill-based and may be taken either by the request from a potential employer, or just to showcase specific skills on your profile.
Do Employers Look at Indeed Assessments?
Indeed assessment results help employers filter applicants for interviews. Some employers compare test results to those of high-performing employees at the company, while others just require a minimum passing score. However, the higher your score, the greater your chances of advancing to the next stage of the hiring process.
For those using the tests on their profiles, Indeed’s algorithm pushes profiles with the highest scores to the top of the search engine. This means that recruiters will see your profile before others. In turn, you will get better job opportunities quicker.
Can You Retake Indeed Assessment?
It is typically a good idea to only take indeed assessment for the skills you are proficient to show case your best results. You can retake Indeed Assessment but not right away. If you're not satisfied with an assessment score, you can reset any assessment 1 time every 6 months. You can also contact indeed support team and request a retake.
How to Access Indeed Tests & Results
If you wish to take Indeed assessments independently and display the scores on your profile, go to the “skills tests” on your profile and select tests that evaluate skills listed in the job description in question.
How can you find Your Indeed Assessment?
Every Indeed assessment you take, including the ones required when submitting a job application, should appear on your page under “certifications and license”. Out of those, you can choose which assessment will be displayed for employers. This is what it looks like:
Can You Retake Indeed Assessments?
Once you take an Indeed Test, you cannot retake it for at least six months unless the same test is requested for a job application. So, it is highly recommended to take Indeed Tests only when you feel well prepared.
Indeed Assessment Score – What Does It Mean?
Indeed tests have several score categories. The Indeed Assessment score levels from high to low are: Expert, Highly Proficient, Proficient, Familiar, and Completed. The scores of assessments you have started without completing will be marked as N/A.The “completed” score is the lowest, meaning you failed the assessment. The next score, “familiar”, means you show some understanding but are still not proficient in the skills. To show you are skillful and competent in the evaluated skill, you should only display a “proficient” score.
Indeed Phone Interview Assessment
Some hiring managers send out an automated Indeed phone interview, which can be completed via computer or mobile. In this interview, candidates are asked several pre-recorded questions and are required to record a 2-minutes-long answer for each of the questions.
Sample Indeed Assessment Test Questions
Very often Indeed uses Aptitude Test question to ensure candidate's fit for the position. An aptitude test is a way for employers to assess a candidate's abilities through a variety of different testing formats. Aptitude tests will test your ability to perform tasks and react to situations at work. This includes analytical skills, problem-solving, prioritization and numerical skills, amongst other things.
You can use Indeed Aptitude Test Preparation Guide to get ready for the Aptitude Test. Below sample questions and are designed to give you an idea on what you should expect on the test. In addition to the sample questions you have opportunity to review the answers and explanations. For the best results make sure to go through all the questions one by one and and use below listed recommendations to determine your level of preparation for the upcoming test:
- Use timer to measure start time and finish time for the sample questions. You can then calculate your time per question by dividing total time by the number of questions you answered
- When planning for the test, plan to stay in a quiet place where you will be uninterrupted while completing your sample test
- Review your mistakes and learn from the answer explanations provided with your score report.
Take a Free Practice Test
TIP #1 – What are the Smartest Ways to Prepare for the Assessment Test?
- Identify the type of test you will be required to complete and practice by finding and taking as many tests as you possibly can
- A lot of time companies work with the assessment test providers. Find the provider your future employer might be using and research the types of tests and questions provider might be using
- Some assessment test providers help you prepare for the test and might offer practice test: find their web site and use their materials to get ready.
- When practicing the test simulate real test conditions: set a time time constraint – when practicing sample questions, be sure to give yourself between 30 seconds to one minute to solve each question.
- Learn from your mistakes: don’t just skim through the answers and explanations but try to understand the patterns and rationale for the explained answers to make sure you will not make similar mistakes in the future.
TIP #2 – Best Practices from the Test Day:
- If possible, try to schedule test in the morning, when you have high levels of energy
- Get a good sleep before the test.
- Do not take a test if you are tired
- Read Question carefully (ideally more than once)
- Answer easy questions first (if you have a choice)
- This would allow you to leave harder questions for the end, but you will get easy answers in
- Validate your answer with more than one method (i.e. Common sense, Manual Calculations, Use Calculator etc.)
TIP #3 – How to Prepare and Pass Assessment Test:
- Be prepared for taking Assessment Test at Home: you might be monitored and timed during the test by provider using your laptop's camera to observe what you might be doing
- Anticipate questions based on the job position
- You can skip questions; however, most likely you will not be allowed to go back to them.
- Today most tests are administered online, but most test providers allow you to use pen and scratch paper. Some providers also allow you to use a calculator
- Research and practice before the test
- Reflect after the test and take notes right after the test. During your preparation sessions use these notes to get ready for next test
- Improve your skills in between tests by taking practice tests and timing yourself
Sample Personality Test Question
Next Step: Get Ready for Assessment Test - Download PDF eBook
The best way to prepare for the test is to own preparation materials by downloading practice tests that match your needs. Unlike other cloud platforms we do not charge your recurring fees and allow your to download PDF, which you can use to get prepared for the assessment test. There is no shipment involved, as soon as payment is processed you can download the preparation material and start practicing.
Advantages of downloading assessment tests in PDF format to get ready for the assessment test:
- No Recurring Fees - you download the PDF file and only pay for preparation material once
- You do not need an Internet Connection to practice (you can download the test on your device and practice in the remote location to get ready for the test more effectively)
- PDF Assessment Tests are accessible on All Platforms and in any web browser (Operating Systems: MAC, Windows, IOS, Android or Linux. PDF Files can be opened in any browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc. PDF format is also device and resolution independent)
- PDF Assessment Tests are Searchable - you can use search features of your PDF reader to find specific question, tips, recommendation or text you might be looking for
- You Can make Annotations inside Downloaded PDF Assessment Tests (for example you can highlight questions, that might seem unclear, so you can come back and learn them later)
Top 50 Aptitude Test Questions and Answers is everything you need to get ready for Aptitude Assessment Test. An Aptitude Test is an pre-employment hiring exam, which is used by to determine an how well candidate is prepared to succeed in a given activity. It also ensures that candidate has a good grasp and can solve business problems, using the data presented to help make business decision for the organization. In addition to the practice questions and answers in this PDF eBook you will also learn about strategies to successfully pass Assessment Test, most efficient ways to get prepared, time management tips for exam preparations, tips and tricks to answer different types of questions and much more.
Who Created Training Materials
Vadim Mikhailenko, MBA, is an experienced coach, trainer and Consultant with over 20 years of professional experience
- Vadim works as a consultant and educator helping students to find jobs and get hired
- He has hired many people and knows interview and assessment test process from inside out
- Vadim holds Masters Degree in Computer Science and MBA degree from Keller Graduate School of Management
Learn from an industry expert and insider and get hired for that job, to launch your own career
(Single Test Prep)
Top 50 Aptitude Assessment Test questions with Answers and Explanations. Items Included (Instant PDF Download):
Aptitude Practice Test PDF: $17.00
Limited Time SALE: $17.00
Employment Plus Value Bundle
Everything you need to prepare for the most common Employment Assessment Test. Items Included (Instant PDF Download):
Aptitude Practice Test PDF: $17.00
IQ Practice Test PDF : $17.00
Excel Practice Test PDF: $17.00
Value Bundle SALE:
Assessment Test Super Value Preparation Pack
Comprehensive Preparation Pack to get you Prepared for variety of Assessment Tests. Items Included (Instant PDF Download):
Aptitude Practice Test PDF: $17.00
IQ Practice Test PDF: $17.00
Excel Practice Test PDF: $17.00
Microsoft Word Test PDF: $17.00
LinkedIn Excel Quiz PDF: $17.00
Super Value Pack SALE: