Indeed is a free service to job seekers, where you can upload a resume, create job alert emails, search for jobs, save them and apply to them directly. Indeed created it's own Assessments which are commonly use to validate job candidate skills on Indeed profile or as part of the application process for various positions.
There are a lot of different Indeed tests available. On this page, you will find vital information about Indeed Tests, what to expect and how to make the most out of them. In addition, you will learn how to get ready for the 3 most popular Indeed assessments:
- Indeed Customer Situations Assessment – Learn how to pass this tricky assessment with guided answers based on the type of behaviors expected of successful customer service representatives.
- Indeed Mechanical Knowledge Assessment – sharpen your mechanical understanding and practice multiple choice questions on mechanical knowledge, simulating the mechanical/advanced mechanical test questions.
- Indeed Typing Test- improve your typing speed by practicing timed typing tests, and ensure you meet the required WPM (words per minute) score for a job offer.
What is Indeed Assessment?
Indeed Assessments are a group of over 150 short tests that evaluate different professional skills. Indeed designed these Assessments to help employers quickly find candidates with the skills they need. By looking at the results of the assessments, employers can send skills tests to candidates and then see how candidates perform in relation to others that have taken the same assessment. Indeed Assessments are skill-based and may be taken either by the request from a potential employer, or just to showcase specific skills on your profile.
Do Employers Look at Indeed Assessments?
Indeed assessment results help employers filter applicants for interviews. Some employers compare test results to those of high-performing employees at the company, while others just require a minimum passing score. However, the higher your score, the greater your chances of advancing to the next stage of the hiring process.
For those using the tests on their profiles, Indeed’s algorithm pushes profiles with the highest scores to the top of the search engine. This means that recruiters will see your profile before others. In turn, you will get better job opportunities quicker.
Can You Retake Indeed Assessment?
It is typically a good idea to only take indeed assessment for the skills you are proficient to show case your best results. You can retake Indeed Assessment but not right away. If you're not satisfied with an assessment score, you can reset any assessment 1 time every 6 months. You can also contact indeed support team and request a retake.
How to Access Indeed Tests & Results
If you wish to take Indeed assessments independently and display the scores on your profile, go to the “skills tests” on your profile and select tests that evaluate skills listed in the job description in question.
How can you find Your Indeed Assessment?
Every Indeed assessment you take, including the ones required when submitting a job application, should appear on your page under “certifications and license”. Out of those, you can choose which assessment will be displayed for employers. This is what it looks like:
Can You Retake Indeed Assessments?
Once you take an Indeed Test, you cannot retake it for at least six months unless the same test is requested for a job application. So, it is highly recommended to take Indeed Tests only when you feel well prepared.
Indeed Assessment Score – What Does It Mean?
Indeed tests have several score categories. The Indeed Assessment score levels from high to low are: Expert, Highly Proficient, Proficient, Familiar, and Completed. The scores of assessments you have started without completing will be marked as N/A.The “completed” score is the lowest, meaning you failed the assessment. The next score, “familiar”, means you show some understanding but are still not proficient in the skills. To show you are skillful and competent in the evaluated skill, you should only display a “proficient” score.
Indeed Phone Interview Assessment
Some hiring managers send out an automated Indeed phone interview, which can be completed via computer or mobile. In this interview, candidates are asked several pre-recorded questions and are required to record a 2-minutes-long answer for each of the questions.
Sample Indeed Assessment Test Questions
Very often Indeed uses Aptitude Test question to ensure candidate's fit for the position. An aptitude test is a way for employers to assess a candidate's abilities through a variety of different testing formats. Aptitude tests will test your ability to perform tasks and react to situations at work. This includes analytical skills, problem-solving, prioritization and numerical skills, amongst other things.
You can use Aptitude Test Preparation Guide to get ready for the Aptitude Test. Below sample questions and are designed to give you an idea on what you should expect on the test. In addition to the sample questions you have opportunity to review the answers and explanations. For the best results make sure to go through all the questions one by one and and use below listed recommendations to determine your level of preparation for the upcoming test:
- Use timer to measure start time and finish time for the sample questions. You can then calculate your time per question by dividing total time by the number of questions you answered
- When planning for the test, plan to stay in a quiet place where you will be uninterrupted while completing your sample test
- Review your mistakes and learn from the answer explanations provided with your score report.
Indeed Assessment Test Tips and Tricks
TIP #1 – What are the Smartest Ways to Prepare for Assessment Test?
- Identify the type of test you will be required to complete and practice by finding and taking as many tests as you possibly can
- Companies most of the time work with test providers. Find the provider your employer might be using and use outlines from Test provider (Indeed.com, SkillsCheck, IKM, SHL and others ) on their web site to review their sample questions
- Some providers help you prepare for the test and might offer practice test: use their materials to get ready.
- Enroll into the premium test preparation service to get prepared: we partner with the Assessment Test industry leader JobTestPrep to help you pass the test and get hired
- Use Assessment Test Preparation PDF eBooks to get ready: download and read Assessment Test Books and eBooks
- When practicing the test simulate real test conditions: set a time time constraint – when practicing sample questions, be sure to give yourself between 30 seconds to one minute to solve each question.
- Learn from your mistakes: don’t just skim through the answers and explanations but try to understand the patterns and rationale for the explained answers to make sure you will not make similar mistakes in the future.
- When unsure about the answer, use elimination method: if you can’t seem to find the correct answer, rule out answer choices to make your estimated guess more probable.
TIP #2 – Best Practices from the Test Day:
- If possible, try to schedule test in the morning, when you have high levels of energy
- Get a good sleep before the test.
- Do not take a test if you are tired
- Read Question carefully (ideally more than once)
- Answer easy questions first (if you have a choice)
- This would allow you to leave harder questions for the end, but you will get easy answers in
- Validate your answer with more than one method (i.e. Common sense, Manual Calculations, Use Calculator etc.)
TIP #3 – How to Prepare and Pass Assessment Test:
- Be prepared for taking Assessment Test at Home: you might be monitored and timed during the test by provider using your laptop's camera to observe what you might be doing
- Anticipate questions based on the job position
- You can skip questions; however, most likely you will not be allowed to go back to them.
- Today most tests are administered online, but most test providers allow you to use pen and scratch paper. Some providers also allow you to use a calculator
- Research and practice before the test
- Reflect after the test and take notes right after the test. During your preparation sessions use these notes to get ready for next test
- Improve your skills in between tests by taking practice tests and timing yourself
Next Step: Download Top 50 IQ & Aptitude Assessment Test Questions and Answers PDF EBook
Top 50 Aptitude Test Questions and Answers is everything you need to get ready for Aptitude Assessment Test. An Aptitude Test is an pre-employment hiring exam, which is used by to determine an how well candidate is prepared to succeed in a given activity. It also ensures that candidate has a good grasp and can solve business problems, using the data presented to help make business decision for the organization. In addition to the practice questions and answers in this PDF EBook you will also learn about strategies to successfully pass Assessment Test, most efficient ways to get prepared, time management tips for exam preparations, tips and tricks to answer different types of questions and much more.