Why Companies Test Data Analysts for Excel Skills?
Data Analyst provide essential services to companies in any industry, as they help facilitate data driven decision making. Companies in nearly every industry can benefit from the work of Data Analysts, from healthcare providers to retail stores to fast food chains. The insights that data analysts bring to an organization can be valuable to employers who want to know more about the needs of their consumer or end user.
Assessing a job candidate’s Microsoft Excel proficiency is an important step in making the right hire. The intermediate Microsoft Excel skills test is helpful in learning if a job candidate understands how to manipulate the many functions, tools, and formulas of Excel to present extensive information, identify key trends, or calculate financial and numerical data.
Excel is the most popular tool to test skills of Data Analyst, since Excel is used for a variety of purposes such as importing the data, storing and analyzing the data and generating quick summaries and presenting them in the form of reports or an interactive excel dashboard.
FREE Excel Assessment Test PDF
Download Free Excel Assessment Test PDF EBook - 34 page work book with 10 Sample Questions from the real Excel Pre-Employment Exam. Answers and explanations included!!!
There are multiple providers that conduct the tests and each one of the tests is a little different. Most of the time employers use below providers to conduct the tests
In this article we will review the types of questions asked, review sample questions and look at the resources to get prepared for each test the fastest way possible.
Data Analyst Interview Questions
Interview Questions for Data Analyst
Data Analysis Questions
What are the biggest challenges you might run, when doing data analysis?
How to assess quality of the data model?
What is the process of Data Analysis?
How to apply a PivotTable?
Excel Formulas and Functions Questions
How we can calculate average?
Which formula is use for sum if there is a condition?
What is the function of SUMIF?
What is the function of Sumifs? And difference between sumif and sumifs?
What is the difference between Sumifs and DSum?
What are the typical errors in Excel?
Tips and Tricks to Get Prepared and Pass Excel Assessment Test
- If you can navigate between questions go through the entire test and do the easiest, shortest questions first. Save the more difficult questions to come back to later; perhaps another part of the test will help you out with that question or trigger knowledge that you didn’t think you had and you already answered the questions you know the answers for.
- Keep a positive attitude throughout the test and stay relaxed. People who are positive and relaxed do better on tests than those who are negative and stressed out.
- Consider using flashcards to help you study. You can purchase blank flashcards or create them yourself from paper and put your questions and answers. Create flashcards for the questions you have missed in the past, so you can refresh the knowledge.
- Understand how much time you have to complete the test by dividing number of question in the test to the allotted time to determine time per question average you should use. Use this calculated average as a baseline and try to limit the time you spend on each question.
- Always watch for time remaining and be prepared to submit test results, before time expires.
- Even if you have no idea about the answer you still should try to guess and answer the question, since your guess might be correct
Video: Excel Interview Questions For Data Analyst
In this video you will learn how to pass Excel Interview Test for Data Analyst. Data Analysts help data retrieve and gather data, organize it make it understandable for end users and use it to answer business questions and reach meaningful conclusions. Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.howtoanalyzedata.net/youtube
A lot of times during interview companies are evaluating Data Analyst skills by using Microsoft Excel, since Excel over the years became very powerful tool and now days can be used to gauge skills of Data Analyst.
In this video I will show sample series of steps, completed in Excel from the real assessment test on interview, which could be used to better understand your readiness for Data Analyst. I will also share with you some insights related to the data analyst other responsibilities, which you might be queried on as part of the interview.
About the author:
My goal is to help people with their education, certification tests and assessment test needs and this is why I have created this web site. Make sure to stay in touch and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and join my email list - this way you are not missing out on any new episodes.
Thanks again for your support, good luck learning and wish you all the best!!!
Below is the list of resources you could use to get prepared for the Excel Interview:
All the best on your interview!!!
Top 50 Excel Assessment Test Questions and Answers
Top 50 Excel Assessment Test Questions and Answers PDF EBook teaches you everything you need to get ready for Basic and Intermediate Microsoft Excel Interview and prepare for Excel Assessment Test. You will practice most frequently asked questions on the exam and will learn what to do when you arrive at the exam testing center, how to manage your time when taking the exam, tips to manage your time during assessment test, tricks for answer questions in different formats and much much more.