When answering tell me about yourself question for cybersecurity job it is recommended you mention below points:
- I work in cybersecurity – my mission is defend organization from state actors and criminals
- Initially IT Infrastructure was designed to just function. Without security in mind
- I enjoy solving challenges and helping others to reach their goals. Love to share my knowledge
- My biggest strength are analytical skills, critical thinking and desire to help others
- Weakest point in all cybersecurity is people. I enjoy educating people how to protect the company
- Cybersecurity is just at the beginning of it’s journey. There are a lot of problems to solve. Same way as it took for IT industry time to mature it will take Cybersecurity time to mature
- Do you think I will be able to grow personally and professionally in your company? How can we work together to help defend your organization and help me grow? Can you tell me more?
Watch below video to learn about the sample tell me about yourself answer:
Sample Assessment Test Questions
As part of the job interview process you might also get an assessment test. Below sample questions and are designed to give you an idea on what you should expect on the test. In addition to the sample questions you have opportunity to review the answers and explanations. For the best results make sure to go through all the questions one by one and and use below listed recommendations to determine your level of preparation for the upcoming test:
- Use timer to measure start time and finish time for the sample questions. You can then calculate your time per question by dividing total time by the number of questions you answered
- When planning for the test, plan to stay in a quiet place where you will be uninterrupted while completing your sample test
- Review your mistakes and learn from the answer explanations provided with your score report.
Assessment Test Tips and Tricks
TIP #1 – What are the Smartest Ways to Prepare for Assessment Test?
- Identify the type of test you will be required to complete and practice by finding and taking as many tests as you possibly can
- Companies most of the time work with test providers. Find the provider your employer might be using and use outlines from Test provider (Indeed.com, SkillsCheck, IKM, SHL and others ) on their web site to review their sample questions
- Some providers help you prepare for the test and might offer practice test: use their materials to get ready.
- Enroll into the premium test preparation service to get prepared: we partner with the Assessment Test industry leader JobTestPrep to help you pass the test and get hired
- Use Assessment Test Preparation PDF eBooks to get ready: download and read Assessment Test Books and eBooks
- When practicing the test simulate real test conditions: set a time time constraint – when practicing sample questions, be sure to give yourself between 30 seconds to one minute to solve each question.
- Learn from your mistakes: don’t just skim through the answers and explanations but try to understand the patterns and rationale for the explained answers to make sure you will not make similar mistakes in the future.
- When unsure about the answer, use elimination method: if you can’t seem to find the correct answer, rule out answer choices to make your estimated guess more probable.
TIP #2 – Best Practices from the Test Day:
- If possible, try to schedule test in the morning, when you have high levels of energy
- Get a good sleep before the test.
- Do not take a test if you are tired
- Read Question carefully (ideally more than once)
- Answer easy questions first (if you have a choice)
- This would allow you to leave harder questions for the end, but you will get easy answers in
- Validate your answer with more than one method (i.e. Common sense, Manual Calculations, Use Calculator etc.)
TIP #3 – How to Prepare and Pass Assessment Test:
- Be prepared for taking Assessment Test at Home: you might be monitored and timed during the test by provider using your laptop's camera to observe what you might be doing
- Anticipate questions based on the job position
- You can skip questions; however, most likely you will not be allowed to go back to them.
- Today most tests are administered online, but most test providers allow you to use pen and scratch paper. Some providers also allow you to use a calculator
- Research and practice before the test
- Reflect after the test and take notes right after the test. During your preparation sessions use these notes to get ready for next test
- Improve your skills in between tests by taking practice tests and timing yourself
Who Created the Preparation Materials?
Created by Vadim Mikhailenko, MBA
- Vadim Mikhailenko, MBA, is an experienced coach, trainer and Information Technology professional with over 20 years experience
- Vadim works as an IT Professional and educator helping students to find jobs that require technology skills
- He has hired many people and knows interview and assessment test process from inside out
- Vadim holds Masters Degree in Computer Science from Belorussian State University and MBA from Keller Graduate School of Management
- Learn from an industry expert and insider and get hired for that job, to launch your own career
Next Step: Download Top 50 IQ & Aptitude Assessment Test Questions and Answers PDF EBook
Top 50 Aptitude Test Questions and Answers is everything you need to get ready for Aptitude Assessment Test. An Aptitude Test is an pre-employment hiring exam, which is used by to determine an how well candidate is prepared to succeed in a given activity. It also ensures that candidate has a good grasp and can solve business problems, using the data presented to help make business decision for the organization. In addition to the practice questions and answers in this PDF EBook you will also learn about strategies to successfully pass Assessment Test, most efficient ways to get prepared, time management tips for exam preparations, tips and tricks to answer different types of questions and much more.