State Farm Insurance Hiring Process
State Farm is the largest auto insurer in the United States. State Farm has it's own network of insurance agents that work exclusively for State Farm (also known as captive agents) to sell insurance. Only State Farm agents can sell State Farm insurance, and their agents can sell only State Farm products.
Many insurance companies use pre-employment tests to assess the aptitude, personality, and skills of job candidates to determine if they are the right fit for roles in the insurance industry and to help company assesses skills and knowledge of perspective candidates to ensure fit for the position before hiring. Main objective of the assessment is to ensure that candidate knows how to make decisions under time limits and pressure, knows how to solve problems and apply knowledge to new situations as well as communicate and reason.
In this post, you will find essential information about typical Assessment Tests used during pre-employment process, learn about sample questions from the most recent test and what to expect during the test and learn how to prepare for each of the tests quickly.
State Farm Employment Process Q&A
If you are applying for one of the jobs below there is a very high chance that you will have to complete an assessment test as part of your hiring process:
- Insurance Underwriter: An underwriter is a person who makes policy issuance decisions. For instance, if a car is no longer running or car is dented, an underwriter most likely will recommend not to insure it (not issue a policy for a vehicle). An underwriter also determines how much the company should charge for insurance premiums paid.
- Insurance Agent: An insurance agent is someone who sells insurance policies to people. Being an insurance agent may be a good job for you if you like to meet and talk with people. You will need at least a high school diploma to be an agent, and you may need to have a college degree to have certain insurance agent jobs.
- Insurance Appraiser: An insurance appraiser examines property and possessions that clients want to insure to determine their value. Insurance appraisers can also use the information they collect to determine the cost of any damages or loss a client experiences. An insurance appraiser can also work closely with a claims adjuster to find an item's final value.
- Insurance Auditor: Insurance auditor completes internal or external audit by reviewing the accuracy of financial records and analyzing financial operations for an organization. Insurance Auditors can also assess claims in the insurance industry and prepare bills to ensure clients receive their funds.
- Insurance Customer Service Representative: Customer service representatives talk with people to get details after their property is damaged. They often answer questions from people who need to know what their insurance does and does not pay for. You will need at least a high school diploma to be a claims representative, and you may need to have a college degree to have certain adjuster jobs.
- Insurance Claims Representative: An insurance claims representative claims representatives work with people after their property has been damaged to processes clients' requests to receive compensation from insurance companies. Insurance Claim Representatives provide interview claimants to obtain information, verify facts and document losses. These professionals also provide customer service, maintain records and analyze coverage policies.
- Insurance Claims Investigator: An insurance claims investigator works for an insurance company to ensure customer requests for compensation are valid. They prevent fraud by examining suspicious claims and verifying facts by collaborating with private investigators. Claims investigators also analyze social media to detect suspicious client behavior.
- Insurance Specialist: An insurance specialist explains and interprets insurance plans. These professionals help entities choose the appropriate coverage based on their specific needs and understand their policies when making a claim is time. Insurance specialists may also play a role in evaluating and processing claims.
- Insurance Adjuster: An adjuster is a person who helps people after their property has been damaged. Typically a claims adjuster is an insurance professional who helps customers revise their claims according to changing life situations. Much of a claims adjuster's job involves determining how much money an insurance company is supposed to pay a client for damage or loss, typically in circumstances that involve insured property. Claim adjustors investigate how the property was damaged and determine whether or not the damage will be paid for by the insurance company.
- Insurance Actuary: An insurance actuary is a person who helps insurance companies assess the risk to calculate how much money to charge for insurance. Insurance actuaries help insurance companies design plans they offer clients by determining the cost of potential risks that might arise.
- Aptitude Test is an pre-employment hiring exam, which is used by to determine an how well candidate is prepared to succeed in a given activity. There are various different aptitude tests employers use based on the skills and levels of responsibilities required on the job.
- Intelligent Quotient Test indicates analytical and mental abilities of a given individual, relative to other people. Using IQ Test specific mental abilities of the individual can be measured and score can be assigned as a result of the test. In most of the cases IQ Test can be used as reliable indicator of individual's academic and financial success and might be used by employers to test candidates for the job postings.
- Microsoft Excel is a complex business application which allows companies to record, track, and analyze data and perform very complex modelling and calculations, essential for measuring company performance, maximizing return on investment, and defining goals. Since Microsoft Excel is used in a lot of organizations, employers would like to make sure that candidates has solid Excel skills and experience using the tool. A new employee who can comfortably navigate is prepared to immediately contribute by producing meaningful, data-driven spreadsheets, reports, and graphs to best serve company needs.
Most of the times employers use assessment tests when hiring new candidate or promoting a person within the organization:
- Hiring and Employment Assessment - hiring manager or HR might choose to test job candidate before hiring to ensure candidate is a good fit for the position.
- Growing Talent inside the organization - for example some companies use the test before making decision to promote the candidate for the position inside the organization
- Determine Levels of Motivation - for example, if your company is looking to implement a new system or technology it might be helpful to assess people on their interests and motivations related to new technology.
- Hiring interns for a full time roles - very frequently organizations need to be able to assess analytical skills and cognitive abilities to determine if person is the right for for the position. Very often psychometric tests can help you to uncover values and interests that are fundamental to overall career satisfaction.
- Converting Temporary worker or Consultant into Full time position - a lot of times companies are interested in building capabilities inside the organization or trying to reduce the cost and offer contractors, consultants or temporary workers, currently working at the company, to convert to full time jobs
If you have experience in insurance industry it might be a good idea to work on the narrative for your career and skills and experiences you obtained that might deliver value to perspective employer. If you are new to insurance industry you might consider insurance industry certification or designation gives you the knowledge you need to offer a higher level of service to your clients. Below are the most common insurance industry certifications used by the industry professional to propel their careers and increase their chance to get hired:
- AINS - The Associate in General Insurance (AINS) certification focuses on general property and liability insurance for personal or commercial lines.
- CIC - Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) certification focuses on the practical application of insurance principles and is considered one of the most credible insurance designations available.
- CPCU - A Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter certification (CPCU) evaluates candidates knowledge on risk management, underwriting, and property-casualty insurance.
- CRM - A Certified Risk Manager (CRM) is an expert in preventing, minimizing, and eliminating risk.
- CWCA - As a Certified WorkComp Specialist (CWCA), you’ll specialize in workman’s compensation insurance.
One of the most useful recommendations to prepare for employment assessment test is to identify the tests used by particular insurance company you are applying for and practice beforehand. Ask the HR or hiring manager if they use their own test or whether test is administered by a third party vendor. Even though you would never know about what exact questions you will be asked throughout the testing process, when practicing the similar test you will become familiar with the types of questions you will be presented with the time constraints which will make your practice extremely realistic and will get your ready for the real test.
Most common Insurance Industry Assessments Tests are (if you click on the assessment title link takes you to the preparation material):
- Aptitude Test - Insurance Aptitude Test measures peoples verbal reasoning skills, decision making abilities and ways of solving challenges
- IQ Test - Insurance IQ Test measures candidates mental capacity, alertness and ability to recognize patterns
- Excel Test - Insurance Pre-employment Hiring Assessment that employers use during the recruitment process to check how proficient candidates are with Microsoft Excel
- Personality Test: Insurance Industry Personality Test is an assessment used by the company to determine if candidate has character traits are best suited and a good fit for a specific position.
- Leadership Assessment Test: Leadership Assessment is a type of behavioral test used to determine if candidate possesses the competencies required in supervisory role, managerial position (or leadership position): i.e. decision-making, empathy, communication, inspiring others and more
- Situational Judgement Test: Insurance Industry Situational Judgment Tests (SJTs) present applicants with a description of a work problem or critical situation related to the job they are applying for and ask them to identify how they would handle it. These test are common is European countries and used less frequently in Unites States
- Customer Service Test: Insurance Industry Customer Service Test assesses competencies that are valued by employers in customer service representatives (i.e. Communication skills, Negotiation skills, flexibility, interaction and collaboration with co-workers, ability to handle challenging requests etc.)
State Farm Insurance Assessment Test
Did you know?
Not all insurance companies use pre-employment assessment test. Below are insurance companies that typically use assessment tests during hiring process to ensure candidate is a good fit for the position:
- UnitedHealth Group
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Prudential Financial
- AIG - American International Group
- New York Life Insurance Group
- others (based on the position)
Take a Free Practice Test
TIP #1 – What are the Smartest Ways to Prepare for the Assessment Test?
- Identify the type of test you will be required to complete and practice by finding and taking as many tests as you possibly can
- A lot of time companies work with the assessment test providers. Find the provider your future employer might be using and research the types of tests and questions provider might be using
- Some assessment test providers help you prepare for the test and might offer practice test: find their web site and use their materials to get ready.
- When practicing the test simulate real test conditions: set a time time constraint – when practicing sample questions, be sure to give yourself between 30 seconds to one minute to solve each question.
- Learn from your mistakes: don’t just skim through the answers and explanations but try to understand the patterns and rationale for the explained answers to make sure you will not make similar mistakes in the future.
TIP #2 – Best Practices from the Test Day:
- If possible, try to schedule test in the morning, when you have high levels of energy
- Get a good sleep before the test.
- Do not take a test if you are tired
- Read Question carefully (ideally more than once)
- Answer easy questions first (if you have a choice)
- This would allow you to leave harder questions for the end, but you will get easy answers in
- Validate your answer with more than one method (i.e. Common sense, Manual Calculations, Use Calculator etc.)
TIP #3 – How to Prepare and Pass Assessment Test:
- Be prepared for taking Assessment Test at Home: you might be monitored and timed during the test by provider using your laptop's camera to observe what you might be doing
- Anticipate questions based on the job position
- You can skip questions; however, most likely you will not be allowed to go back to them.
- Today most tests are administered online, but most test providers allow you to use pen and scratch paper. Some providers also allow you to use a calculator
- Research and practice before the test
- Reflect after the test and take notes right after the test. During your preparation sessions use these notes to get ready for next test
- Improve your skills in between tests by taking practice tests and timing yourself
Insurance Industry Personality Test
Next Step: Download Specialized Insurance Industry Practice Materials
The best way to prepare for the test is to own preparation materials by downloading practice tests that match your needs. Unlike other cloud platforms we do not charge your recurring fees and allow your to download PDF, which you can use to get prepared for the assessment test. There is no shipment involved, as soon as payment is processed you can download the material in PDF format. Key
Advantages of downloading assessment tests in PDF format to get ready for the assessment test:
- No recurring fees - you download the PDF file and only pay for preparation material once
- 30 day Unconditional Money Back Guarantee (if you are not satisfied with the quality of the material for any reason, contact us and we will process the refund)
- PDF Assessment Tests are accessible on all Platforms and in any web browser (Operating Systems: MAC, Windows, IOS, Android or Linux. PDF Files can be opened in any browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc. PDF format is also device and resolution independent)
- PDF Assessment Tests are Searchable - you can use search features of your PDF reader to find specific question, tips, recommendation or text you might be looking for
- You can make annotations inside downloaded PDF Assessment Tests (for example you can highlight questions, that might seem unclear, so you can come back and learn them later)
Insurance Industry Aptitude Test
(Single Test Prep)
Top 50 Insurance Aptitude Assessment Test Questions with Answers and Explanations. + Bonus Materials. Items Included (Instant PDF Download):
Insurance Industry Aptitude Practice Test PDF
Limited Time SALE: $27.00
Insurance Industry Employment Plus Value Bundle
Everything you need to prepare for the Insurance Industry Employment Assessment Test. Items Included in Instant PDF Download:
Insurance Aptitude Practice Test PDF
Insurance Industry IQ Practice Test PDF
Insurance Industry Excel Practice Test PDF
Value Bundle SALE:
Insurance Industry Assessment Test Super Value Pack
Comprehensive Insurance Industry Employment Preparation Pack to get you ready for the typical Insurance Assessment Tests. (Instant PDF Download):
Insurance Aptitude Practice Test PDF
Insurance Industry IQ Practice Test PDF
Insurance Industry Excel Practice Test PDF
Insurance Industry Microsoft Word Test PDF
Insurance Industry Psychometric Test PDF
Super Value Pack SALE: