PwC Hiring Process
PwC, also known as PricewaterhouseCoopers, is one of the largest organizations in the world offering professional business services, including accounting, auditing, human resources consulting, and strategy management. PwC is among the “Big Four” professional services firms, alongside Deloitte, Ernst & Young, and KPMG.
PwC uses pre-employment tests to assess the aptitude, personality, and skills of job candidates to determine if they are the right fit for roles in the the industry and to help company assesses skills and knowledge of perspective candidates to ensure fit for the position before hiring. Main objective of the assessment is to ensure that candidate knows how to make decisions under time limits and pressure, knows how to solve problems and apply knowledge to new situations as well as communicate and reason.
In this post, you will find essential information about typical PwC Assessment Tests used during pre-employment process, learn about sample questions from the most recent test and what to expect during the test and learn how to prepare for each of the tests quickly.
Did you know?
To get hired for the job you need to pass an assessment test. Preparing for an employment assessment test can be a daunting task, but practicing beforehand can significantly improve your chances of success. We recommend using practice materials from JobTestPrep.
Assessment Test Q&A (Questions & Answers)
Most of the times employers use assessment tests when hiring new candidate or promoting a person within the organization:
- Hiring and Employment Assessment - hiring manager or HR might choose to test job candidate before hiring to ensure candidate is a good fit for the position.
- Growing Talent inside the organization - for example some companies use the test before making decision to promote the candidate for the position inside the organization
- Determine Levels of Motivation - for example, if your company is looking to implement a new system or technology it might be helpful to assess people on their interests and motivations related to new technology.
- Hiring interns for a full time roles - very frequently organizations need to be able to assess analytical skills and cognitive abilities to determine if person is the right for for the position. Very often psychometric tests can help you to uncover values and interests that are fundamental to overall career satisfaction.
- Converting Temporary worker or Consultant into Full time position - a lot of times companies are interested in building capabilities inside the organization or trying to reduce the cost and offer contractors, consultants or temporary workers, currently working at the company, to convert to full time jobs
Assessment Tests are very stressful, and it is easy to loose control and to rush to complete all questions. Effective time management on the test is essential to getting a good score on the test and you can increase your chance of passing the assessment by practicing the test beforehand.
If you managed to get nervous on the test try removing anxiety by using calming breathing exercises, taking a restroom break to regroup, sip some water, take a breath between test sections or eat a quick snack.
One of the most useful recommendations to prepare for employment assessment test is to find out which tests are used for the job position you are applying for and practice beforehand. Ask the HR or hiring manager if they use their own test or whether test is administered by a third party vendor. Even though you would never know about what exact questions you will be asked throughout the testing process, when practicing the similar test you will become familiar with the types of questions you will be presented with the time constraints which will make your practice extremely realistic and will get your ready for the real test.
Did you know?
To increase your chances of passing the test learn about test format. You can ask how many questions are on the test and what kind of questions are there (multiple choice questions, true false, simulator questions etc.). You can also learn about the number of questions on the test and the time required to complete the test.
PwC Leadership Assessment Prep Kit
PwC Leadership Assessment Tests are very challenging due to their tight time-limit and adaptive questioning.
Yet you have to take them as a part of your PwC employment and job application process. We appreciate your time and effort to learn and fully prepare for the tests.
To help you get off on the right foot and ace the PwC Leadership Assessment Test:
- This test contains tailored practice materials focus on the precise skills needed to succeed on these tests.
- Tests that simulate the look and feel of the real assessment tests so you’ll know what to expect.
- Full explanations for every question plus Assessment test tips on how to handle the time pressure.
TIP #1 – What are the Smartest Ways to Prepare for the Assessment Test?
- Identify the type of test you will be required to complete and practice by finding and taking as many tests as you possibly can
- A lot of time companies work with the assessment test providers. Find the provider your future employer might be using and research the types of tests and questions provider might be using
- Some assessment test providers help you prepare for the test and might offer practice test: find their web site and use their materials to get ready.
- When practicing the test simulate real test conditions: set a time time constraint – when practicing sample questions, be sure to give yourself between 30 seconds to one minute to solve each question.
- Learn from your mistakes: don’t just skim through the answers and explanations but try to understand the patterns and rationale for the explained answers to make sure you will not make similar mistakes in the future.
TIP #2 – Best Practices from the Test Day:
- If possible, try to schedule test in the morning, when you have high levels of energy
- Get a good sleep before the test.
- Do not take a test if you are tired
- Read Question carefully (ideally more than once)
- Answer easy questions first (if you have a choice)
- This would allow you to leave harder questions for the end, but you will get easy answers in
- Validate your answer with more than one method (i.e. Common sense, Manual Calculations, Use Calculator etc.)
TIP #3 – How to Prepare and Pass Assessment Test:
- Be prepared for taking Assessment Test at Home: you might be monitored and timed during the test by provider using your laptop's camera to observe what you might be doing
- Anticipate questions based on the job position
- You can skip questions; however, most likely you will not be allowed to go back to them.
- Today most tests are administered online, but most test providers allow you to use pen and scratch paper. Some providers also allow you to use a calculator
- Research and practice before the test
- Reflect after the test and take notes right after the test. During your preparation sessions use these notes to get ready for next test
- Improve your skills in between tests by taking practice tests and timing yourself
Sample Personality Test Question
Next Step: Prepare for the Assessment Test
To get hired for the job you need to pass the assessment test. Preparing for an employment assessment test can be a daunting task, but practicing beforehand can significantly improve your chances of success. Below are the reasons why you might consider to get prepared by practicing using materials from JobTestPrep.
- JobTestPrep practice provides realistic simulation: The JobTestPrep practice tests simulate the actual test format and difficulty level, providing you with an accurate representation of what to expect on test day. This can help you to identify your strengths and weaknesses and focus your practice efforts accordingly.
- You can time yourself by doing practice tests: Time management is crucial during the test, so practice completing questions within the time limit for each section. This will help you to improve your speed and accuracy during the actual test.
- JobTestPrep tests provide feedback and analysis: The practice tests include detailed explanations and feedback on your performance, enabling you to identify areas for improvement and learn from your mistakes.
- You get customized study plan: JobTestPrep offers customized study plans based on your performance on practice tests, helping you to optimize your study time and focus on areas where you need the most improvement.
- JobTestPrep materials are accessible online: JobTestPrep practice materials are accessible online, allowing you to practice at your own pace and convenience from anywhere with an internet connection.
Overall, using JobTestPrep practice materials can be an effective way to prepare for the employment assessment test, helping you to build confidence and increase your chances of success. By following these tips and practicing regularly, you can improve your chances of success on the employment assessment test. Good luck!