Learn how to turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile HotSpot by sharing your Internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi? Now you can share a Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or cellular data connection in Windows 10. Having your own HotSpot might be helpful for business travelers if a hotel whose WiFi system uses a captive-portal login that limits the number of connections or that charges extra for additional connections. Or may be you are trying to find use for your desktop and create another Wi-Fi hotspot in your house for the guests and don’t wan’t to share your main password. Whatever the case, you’ll be glad to learn that you can easily turn your Windows 10 system into a mobile hotspot.
- You need to have WiFi adapter installed on you Windows 10 computer.
- You also would need an existing internet connection that you are planning to share. Windows 10 allows you to share Ethernet (Wired LAN), Wi-Fi or Cellular connections.
- You need to be logged in to Windows with Administrator Account.
Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot.
For Share my Internet connection from, choose the Internet connection you want to share.
Click on the Edit button to enter a new network name and password >and then click Save.
I have named new Wi-Fi network as Windows10HotSpot, but you can use any name, as you see fit. Make sure to select secure password as well to avoid Wi-Fi HotSpot unauthorized access:
To connect on the other device, go to the Wi-Fi settings on that device, find your network name, select it, enter the password, and then connect. Below images show how to connect on IOS device (iPhone), but you can connect on any device, which supports Wi-Fi connection (laptop, table, desktop, smartphone etc), which most of the do now days:
- Download PDF Tutorial How to turn your Windows 10 Computer (Laptop, Tablet or Desktop) into Wireless WiFi HotSpot
- Checkout my other Windows Tutorials
- Subscribe to my email list and join my YouTube Channel to receive more tutorials like this one:
If you need to learn about Windows 10 take a look at this training courses: Windows 10 Online Training Course and Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Training for Beginners
Also take a look at my recommended Online Training Courses to help you succeed on any level.