Microsoft Visio 2019 is software for drawing different type of diagrams: floor plans, electrical diagrams, flowcharts, org charts, building plans, floor plans, data flow diagrams, process flow diagrams, business process modeling, swim lane diagrams, 3D maps, and many more.
Visio includes a big library of shapes/symbols used in dozens of diagram types. These symbols represent specialized pieces of diagrams such as process flow diagrams, business process modeling, data flow diagrams, and many more. These are used widely in various fields for various purposes. Visio can produce extremely helpful, slick, useful diagrams of all types, and these can provide the professional look you want for presentations, reports, audits, building plans, floor plans, documentation, and modeling better ways to do things.
Most often Visio is used to create a Swimlane diagram. A flowchart or swimlane diagram is a type of diagram that delineates who does what in a process. Microsoft Visio is an application to create diagrams. This is helpful in business environment when you need to describe process to a group of people, define key tasks and decision points.
Below are the benefits of creating Swimlane diagram:
FREE Excel Assessment Test PDF
Download Free Excel Assessment Test PDF EBook - 34 page work book with 10 Sample Questions from the real Excel Pre-Employment Exam. Answers and explanations included!!!
- It can help to ensure that the right hand knows what the left is doing in an organization. Swimlane Diagrams, and swimlanes used in other diagram types, highlight which process steps or sub-processes are assigned to a particular actor in the organization.
- By spelling this out in a diagram, you can highlight redundancies between different lanes and identify bottlenecks, waste and other inefficiencies. This sometimes reveals duplicate or unnecessary steps in a process, such as different departments performing the same task. It also can highlight process delays or capacity constraints within a particular swimlane so that they can be addressed and resolved. This can increase performance and quality and reduce unnecessary work and costs.
- You can use a second Swimlane Diagram to model a better way to structure the process or to account for changing circumstances, such as staffing changes or technology changes.
- Like other diagrams, Swimlane Diagrams can communicate in clearer terms than a narrative description would.
- Swimlane Diagrams can be formalized as a way to integrate processes between teams or departments, resulting in cleaner processes on an ongoing basis.
Watch below tutorial to learn new features of Visio 2019 and how to create swimlane diagram in Visio 2019: