If you’re applying for a job that requires knowledge of Microsoft Excel, there's a good chance you will need to take an Excel skills test. Taking an Excel assessment is part of the pre-employment process to ensure that qualified candidates get hired. Scoring high on the skills test can be the deciding factor on whether a company offers you a job or not, so practice tests, like the ones in this post would be very valuable.
Excel Test Question: Which tool would allow you to set a cell in a such a way that the date entered would only be between a given range?
a) Protect Workbook
b) Protect Worksheet
d) Data Validation
Why Employers Test Job Candidates?
Assessing a job candidate’s Microsoft Excel proficiency is an important step in making the right hire. The intermediate Microsoft Excel skills test is helpful in learning if a job candidate understands how to manipulate the many functions, tools, and formulas of Excel to present extensive information, identify key trends, or calculate financial and numerical data.
Microsoft Excel is a complex business application which allows companies to record, track, and analyze data and perform very complex modelling and calculations, essential for measuring company performance, maximizing return on investment, and defining goals. Since Microsoft Excel is used in a lot of organizations, employers would like to make sure that candidates has solid Excel skills and experience using the tool. A new employee who can comfortably navigate is prepared to immediately contribute by producing meaningful, data-driven spreadsheets, reports, and graphs to best serve company needs.
How to Pass an Excel Skills Test
1. UNDERSTAND THE JOB REQUIREMENTS
It's important to understand what sort of excel skills are required by your potential employer. Are they expecting advanced analytical capabilities or very basic excel abilities? This information can help remove some anxiety around the assessment, and you'll know exactly what to practice. Read the job description closely and don't hesitate to ask the hiring manager for a detailed job description if it's not available.
2. LEARN EXCEL BY WATCHING YOUTUBE VIDEOS
There are a lot of different resources available to get ready for Excel Assessment Test on YouTube. Below are some of the recommended resources. Please make sure to take advantage of them to get started. The best thing about YouTube Videos is that they are Free.
- Excel Job Test Tutorial For Beginners
- How To Pass Microsoft Excel Test - Get Ready for the Interview
- How to Pass Excel Assessment Test For Job Applications
3. USE PREMIUM RESOURCES TO GET PREPARED FASTER
You can also review out Job Interview and Assessment Test Preparation Resources or Enroll into my Udemy Training Course or visit my Our Store find what you looking for. Premium resources are designed to promote accelerated learning and help you get prepared faster. If you have some time and looking to get ready for the test in the nest 3-6 month make sure to Follow Online Training for Everyone on Social Media to be the first one to get notifications and access to latest Excel Assessment Test Preparation materials.
Jobs that might require Excel Assessment Test
We have compiled a list of jobs that most likely will require Excel Assessment Test as part of Interview and hiring process. Career fields that may require the Excel skills test are listed below:
- Administrative Assistants
- Business Analysts
- Cost Estimators
- Financial Analysts
- Loan officers
- Project Managers
- Information Clerk
- Knowledge worker
- Data Analyst
- Sales Analyst
- Sales Managers
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Analyst
- SEO Analysts
- Price Analyst
- Project Coordinators
- QA analyst
- Warehouse Managers
- a lot of other jobs
A lot of other jobs may require an Excel assessment as well. As you look at job listings, pay close attention to desired skills and any requirements listed. This may clue you in to whether you’ll be required to complete an Excel skills assessment.
How Employers Test for Excel Skills?
There are multiple providers that conduct the tests and each one of the tests is a little different. Most of the time employers use below providers to conduct the tests
- other test providers
Because Microsoft Excel is so popular and useful, companies are trying to evaluate candidates by conducting pre-employment assessment test. An Excel Interview Test is a screening process employers use as part of the candidate employment interview to test a potential candidate on their knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Excel.
Each employer might use a slightly different variation of the Excel test. The Excel Assessment Test typically broken down into a multiple-choice section and an interactive portion. Some tests are timed but some of them do not have a limit on how long applicant can take to answer the questions, but there might be exceptions.
Complexity Levels of Excel Assessment Tests
Microsoft Excel includes very basic calculations to very advanced data processing and analysis that requires in-depth knowledge of every tools of Excel. Depending on the position candidate is applying for you are likely to face a pre-employment Excel test with varying level of difficulty. Microsoft Excel Employment Assessment tests can be categorized into at least three levels of difficulty:
- Microsoft Excel Basics Test: The basic test will evaluate your skills performing basic Excel functions. This can include anything from File Management, Importing Data, Data Entry and Formatting, Applying Styles, Doing Basic Sorting and Filtering, Printing, Formatting Cells, Managing Multiple Worksheets and so on. If you have used Excel in the past or familiar with other similar applications you should be able to refresh your skills with the quick tutorial, practice sample excel interview questions to pass assessment test. Basic Excel Test for Interview Candidates is a screening process for entry-level or experienced candidates, including administrative assistants, retail store managers, Sales Representatives, Marketing Representatives, Accountants, Entry level Analysts, or any other position that requires using Microsoft Excel.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel test: This test requires more than basic knowledge but is not as complex as the advanced level test. The intermediate Microsoft Excel skills test presents candidates with a series of timed questions designed to assess their knowledge of Microsoft Excel in the areas of Conditional Formatting, Data Manipulation, Validating Data Entry, Excel Tables, Advanced Charting Techniques and more. For passing this test, you will need to study and practice in advance using different tools and resources and ideally have practical experience of solving problems with Microsoft Excel. The Intermediate Excel Test is typically offered to evaluate skills of Business Analysts, Project Managers, Architects and other professionals, that may be responsible for complex decision making.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel test: This test is designed for job that require to use Excel in a more complex manner. The test will evaluate your skills with Power Query, Pivot Tables and Pivot Reporting, VBA and Macros, Advanced Charting, Excel Dashboards, hands on experience with functions such as IF, IFS, VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, and other advanced concepts used in Microsoft Excel. An advanced Excel user would need to have advanced formula skills. He would have a skill and confidence to make his own formula to adapt to any situation. Typically, this test is offered to Senior Professionals, Executives, Financial Analysts, Scientists and other professionals that may need to use advanced features of Microsoft Excel.
Sample Excel Test Questions and Answers - Video Tutorial
Sample Assessment Test Questions
Do you know the answers - Click on the Question Below to Test Your Knowledge?
Next Steps - Download PDF EBook
If you are trying to get prepared and Pass Excel Assessment Test quickly, please make sure to checkout the Ebook below Top 50 Excel Assessment Test Questions, which contains questions and answers from real Excel Assessment and also includes Tips, Tricks and Hacks on how to prepare and Pass Excel Assessment test today as well as tons of other Bonus Materials.
Download Top 50 Excel Assessment Test Questions and Answers
Top 50 Excel Assessment Test Questions and Answers PDF EBook teaches you everything you need to get ready for Basic and Intermediate Microsoft Excel Interview and prepare for Excel Assessment Test. You will practice most frequently asked questions on the exam and will learn what to do when you arrive at the exam testing center, how to manage your time when taking the exam, tips to manage your time during assessment test, tricks for answer questions in different formats and much much more.