Search for An Assessment Test
What is Microsoft Excel Test
Microsoft Excel Job Test - used during the pre-employment process to check how proficient candidates are with core Microsoft Excel features and capabilities. The type of Excel test is geared to the job descriptions and capabilities tested are typically related to the knowledge required to succeed on the job. A Microsoft Excel test is a pre-employment hiring assessment that employers use during the recruitment process to check how proficient candidates are with Microsoft Excel. Spreadsheets allow users to input and analyze data efficiently, and are used in all kinds of office jobs; as such, Microsoft Excel Assessment Tests are becoming increasingly common. In this post we will learn how to get prepared for Microsoft Excel Pre Employment Test by looking at Top 50 Excel Test for Job Interview Questions and Answers. We are also going to look at how companies conduct excel skills test, how employers test for Excel skills, review sample questions asked as part of Excel Portion of Job Interview and look at the resources to get prepared for each test the fastest way possible. On this page you will learn about Microsoft Excel Assessment Test, Typical questions asked during the test and the best ways to prepare for the Excel Assessment Test.
Why Employers Test Job Candidates?
Assessing a job candidate’s Microsoft Excel proficiency is an important step in making the right hire. The intermediate Microsoft Excel skills test is helpful in learning if a job candidate understands how to manipulate the many functions, tools, and formulas of Excel to present extensive information, identify key trends, or calculate financial and numerical data.
Microsoft Excel is a complex business application which allows companies to record, track, and analyze data and perform very complex modelling and calculations, essential for measuring company performance, maximizing return on investment, and defining goals. Since Microsoft Excel is used in a lot of organizations, employers would like to make sure that candidates has solid Excel skills and experience using the tool. A new employee who can comfortably navigate is prepared to immediately contribute by producing meaningful, data-driven spreadsheets, reports, and graphs to best serve company needs.
Sample Excel Test Question
Excel Test During Job Interview
There are multiple providers that conduct the tests and each one of the tests is a little different. Most of the time employers use external test providers to conduct the tests.
Because Microsoft Excel is so popular and useful, companies are trying to evaluate candidates by conducting pre-employment assessment test. An Excel Interview Test is a screening process employers use as part of the candidate employment interview to test a potential candidate on their knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Excel.
Each employer might use a slightly different variation of the Excel test. The Excel Assessment Test typically broken down into a multiple-choice section and an interactive portion. Some tests are timed but some of them do not have a limit on how long applicant can take to answer the questions, but there might be exceptions.
Excel Skill Assessments through questions
There are different types of questions typically being presented during Excel Test :
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Multiple Answer Questions
- True/False Questions
Interactive Test Simulators
It is rare that only one type of question is used during the test – most of the time questions are part of the large pool and testing software randomly selects certain number of questions from the pool and presents them to the candidate.
Hands-On Excel Skill Assessment
Sometimes companies also conduct hands on Excel Job Interview Test when they provide candidates with sample data file as ask them to perform certain tasks with the data, based on instructions provided.
Excel Capabilities Tested as Part of Test
During Excel Interview employer assesses candidate’s ability to use Microsoft Excel's user interface quickly and efficiently to access the right features and perform simple tasks in the application. It validates fundamental knowledge from determining the best way to open a recently closed Workbook to using the correct formula to perform automatic calculations. Candidates are required to answer true/false, multiple-choice questions and multiple answer questions, based on Excel spreadsheets, charts and tables filled with sample data
Below is the list of topics candidates are tested for:
- Follow the correct steps to apply formatting, use formulas or accomplish certain things in spreadsheet
- Apply styles, use simple fill patterns and apply formatting
- Identify the proper keyboard shortcuts to accomplish tasks more quickly.
- Choose the right formula and cell references to automatically calculate values.
- Perform basic tasks like hiding rows, preventing cell overflow, and pasting data.
Since each question comes with a strict time limit (one minute or less), the test will also measure a candidate’s ability to quickly format, isolate and manipulate data under a significant amount of pressure without any outside help.
Hands On Abilities Evaluated
- Ability to edit Excel worksheets and workbook by identifying common functions, applying basic keyboard shortcuts, and manipulating columns and rows
- Ability to apply sorting and filtering options as well as statistical functions to explore and summarize values
- Ability to customize the look and feel of a Excel workbook using cell formatting tools
Complexity Levels of Excel Employment Assessment Tests
Microsoft Excel harbor very basic calculations to very advanced data processing and analysis that requires in-depth knowledge of every tools of Excel. Depending on the position candidate is applying for you are likely to face a pre-employment Excel test with varying level of difficulty. Microsoft Excel Employment Assessment tests can be categorized into at least three levels of difficulty:
- Microsoft Excel Basics Test: The basic test will evaluate your skills performing basic Excel functions. This can include anything from printing, formatting cells, inserting tables, and so on. If you have used Excel in the past or familiar with other similar applications you should be able to refresh your skills with the quick tutorial, practice sample excel interview questions to pass assessment test. Basic Excel Test for Interview Candidates is a screening process for entry-level or experienced candidates, including administrative assistants, retail store managers, Sales Representatives, Marketing Representatives, Accountants, Entry level Analysts, or any other position that requires using Microsoft Excel.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel test: This test requires more than basic knowledge but is not as complex as the advanced level test. The intermediate Microsoft Excel skills test presents candidates with a series of timed questions designed to assess their knowledge of Microsoft Excel. For passing this test, you will need to study and practice in advance using different tools and resources and ideally have practical experience of solving problems with Microsoft Excel. The Intermediate Excel Test is typically offered to evaluate skills of Business Analysts, Project Managers, Architects and other professionals, that may be responsible for complex decision making.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel test: This test is designed for job that require to use Excel in a more complex manner. The test will evaluate your skills with pivot tables, creating macros, filtering, and functions such as IF, IFS, VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, VBA and other advanced concepts used in Microsoft Excel. An advanced Excel user would need to have advanced formula skills. He would have a skill and confidence to make his own formula to adapt to any situation. Typically, this test is offered to Senior Professionals, Executives, Financial Analysts, Scientists and other professionals that may need to use advanced features of Microsoft Excel.
How To Pass Excel Test for Job Interview
Jobs that Require Excel Assessment Test
Below listed jobs most likely will require Excel Assessment Test as part of Job Interview and pr-employment hiring process:
- Administrative Assistants
- Business Analysts
- Cost Estimators
- Loan officers
- Project Managers
- Information Clerk
- Knowledge worker
- Data Analyst
- Sales Analyst
- Sales Managers
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Analyst
- SEO Analysts
- Price Analyst
- Project Coordinators
- QA analyst
- Warehouse Managers
- Support Specialists
- a lot of other jobs
A lot of other jobs may require an Excel assessment as well. As you look at job listings, pay close attention to desired skills and any requirements listed. This may clue you in to whether you’ll be required to complete an Excel skills assessment.
Did You Know?
Microsoft Excel is a comprehensive tool that allows businesses to record, track, and analyze data essential for measuring company performance, maximizing return on investment, and defining goals – when used to its fullest potential. A new employee who can comfortably navigate Excel is prepared to immediately contribute by producing meaningful, data-driven spreadsheets, reports, and graphs to best serve company needs.
Assessing a job candidate’s Microsoft Excel proficiency is an important step in making the right hire. The Beginners Microsoft Excel skills test is helpful in learning if a job candidate understands how to manipulate the many functions, tools, and formulas of Excel to present extensive information, identify key trends, or calculate financial and numerical data.
Microsoft Excel assessment test helps predict a job candidate’s ability to:
- Enter sales figures and properly apply formulas to generate sales totals by date, representative, product or region.
- Conditionally format cells with the goal of highlighting specific dates, values, or ranges.
- Create bar graphs and pie charts from large datasets to illustrate critical company data, performance metrics, and outlook.
Free Excel Practice Test
A) Click on “Insert tab then select “Icon Set”
B) Click on “Insert tab” then click on “Clip Art”
C) Click on “Home” Tab and then click on “Copy as Picture”
D) Click on “Insert” tab then click on “Screenshot”
Cell values can include numbers, text or formulas?
It is the Select Center Column button.
It is the content Center alignment button.
It is the Delete Cell Contents button.
It is a content Middle Align button.
a) It allows you to view what your document will look like before you physically print the pages.
b) You access the Print Preview area of the by pressing: Control + P.
c) You access the Print Preview area by clicking on the File tab (Backstage View) to go to them and then on the Print button.
d) All of the above statements are correct.
Excel formula Bar
Excel Cell Address Bar
Excel Address Bar
Excel Column and Row Address
Excel Name Box
How To Prepare for Excel Assessment Test
One of the fastest ways to get ready for Excel Assessment Test is by learning more about the test and practicing sample questions. Here is why:
- It is the Fastest Way to learn: One of the fastest way to learn to get ready for assessment test is is to use hands on questions and exercises that covers relevant material. The big advantage of the file with practice questions is that it allows you to focus on the topics you already know and skip ahead to learn topics that you need to master.
- You Learn by doing hands on practice: There are many benefits to utilizing practice exercises , and adequately prepared for Employment Assessment Test. With practice exercise files, you can get a feel for the types of questions they should expect to see during the test period, and they will also help them understand areas they need to improve on. After reviewing their practice test results, however, they can get a better sense of which areas are weakest. Having this knowledge, you can then focus your efforts in a more productive manner.
- You actually learn the material: Recent studies show that a huge benefit of taking practice exercises increases familiarity of material. Using these study materials, you can get a feel for the layout and question types the exams will have and won't be as nervous when answering the actual questions.
- You can time yourself: If Assessment Test is timed, it can be a big problem for you if you aren't used to having a strict time limit. By taking practice exercises and knowing approximately how long it take for you to answer one question, you can calculate allowable time and successfully plan your actual exam. With testing exercises, you can can practice and time yourself as you work on questions.
Next Step: Secure your Dream Job!
Get Ready Pass Excel Assessment Test to Secure your Dream Job!
- Take a shortcut to learn how to get ready to pass the test the fastest way possible
- Learn how to answer 50 most frequently asked questions
- Learn from an expert who helped prepare students to pass Excel Assessment Test
Microsoft Excel is used in a lot of different jobs. Before hiring candidates, employers would like to make sure candidates have a good understanding of the application and will be able to use it to complete important functions that are required as part of the job.
Do you want to get ready for the Excel assessment exam quickly and pass it with the breeze? Download Top 50 Microsoft Excel Interview Questions and Answers ebook today to learn fast and get ready for the interview.
Who Created Training Materials
Vadim Mikhailenko, MBA, is an experienced coach, trainer and Consultant with over 20 years of professional experience
- Vadim works as a consultant and educator helping students to find jobs and get hired
- He has hired many people and knows interview and assessment test process from inside out
- Vadim holds Masters Degree in Computer Science and MBA degree from Keller Graduate School of Management
Learn from an industry expert and insider and get hired for that job, to launch your own career
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
If you’re not satisfied, we’re not satisfied! That’s why we’ll happily give your money back on any purchase.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We guarantee that the product you are downloading will help you learn the materials starting immediately, get ready for the interview, and pass the assessment test.
Secure & Easy Ordering Guarantee
All transactions are SSL-secured and guarantee your privacy. Orders can be placed online using a credit card or PayPal.
Why PDF Download is the Best Option to Prepare for the Test
The best way to prepare for the test is to own preparation materials by downloading practice tests that match your needs. Unlike other cloud platforms we do not charge your recurring fees and allow your to download PDF, which you can use to get prepared for the assessment test. There is no shipment involved, as soon as payment is processed you can download the preparation material and start practicing.
Advantages of downloading assessment tests in PDF format to get ready for the assessment test:
- No Recurring Fees - you download the PDF file and only pay for preparation material once
- You do not need an Internet Connection to practice (you can download the test on your device and practice in the remote location to get ready for the test more effectively)
- PDF Assessment Tests are accessible on All Platforms and in any web browser (Operating Systems: MAC, Windows, IOS, Android or Linux. PDF Files can be opened in any browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc. PDF format is also device and resolution independent)
- PDF Assessment Tests are Searchable - you can use search features of your PDF reader to find specific question, tips, recommendation or text you might be looking for
- You Can make Annotations inside Downloaded PDF Assessment Tests (for example you can highlight questions, that might seem unclear, so you can come back and learn them later)
Download Top 50 Excel Assessment Test Multiple Choice Questions with Answers by clicking the button below to get read for the Interview and get hired for your Dream Job!
Limited Time SALE - $17.00 US
Excel Assessment Test
(Single Test Prep)
Top 50 Microsoft Excel Assessment Test questions with Answers and Explanations. Items Included (Instant PDF Download):
Excel Practice Test PDF: $17.00
Limited Time SALE: $17.00
Microsoft Office Value Bundle
Everything you need to prepare for the most common Employment Assessment Test. Items Included (Instant PDF Download):
Excel Practice Test PDF : $17.00
Word Practice Test PDF: $17.00
PowerPoint Practice Test PDF: $17.00
Value Bundle SALE:
Assessment Test Super Value Preparation Pack
Comprehensive Preparation Pack to get you Prepared for variety of Assessment Tests. Items Included (Instant PDF Download):
Excel Practice Test PDF: $17.00
Microsoft Word Test PDF: $17.00
PowerPoint Practice Test PDF: $17.00
LinkedIn Excel Quiz PDF: $17.00
Aptitude Practice Test PDF: $17.00
IQ Practice Test PDF: $17.00
Super Value Pack SALE: