Bookkeeper Job Requirements, Responsibilities and Why Excel Is Essential for Bookkeeper Success
A Bookkeeper is typically responsible for recording and maintaining financial transactions, such as purchases, expenses, sales revenue, invoices, and payments. The Bookkeeper will record financial data into general ledgers, which are used to produce the balance sheet and income statement at the end of the month, quarter and year.
Main Bookkeeper Job Requirements:
- Understanding accounting principles and best practices
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of IFRS, U.S GAAP or another accounting framework
- Data entry skills
- High attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Produce work with a high level of accuracy
- Professionalism and organization skills
- Associates degree or at least one year of experience
- Knowledge of Excel, XERO, Quickbooks, Zoho, Fresh Books or other applications
Main responsibilities of a Bookkeeper:
- Maintain an accurate record of financial transactions
- Update and maintain the general ledger
- Reconciliation of entries into accounting system
- Recording of debits and credits
- Maintain the trial balance, by a reconciliation of general ledgers
- Account reconciliation to assert the accuracy of transactions
- Use knowledge of local laws to comply with reporting requirements
- Monitor any variances from the projected budget
How Bookkeepers use Microsoft Excel:
- Use bookkeeping software, Excel spreadsheets, and databases
- Post financial transactions
- Receive and record cash, checks, and vouchers
- Put costs (debits) and income (credits)
- Generate reports, such as balance sheets
- Check for accuracy in figures, postings, and reports
- Reconcile financial reports
Why Practice Before Taking Excel Pre-Hiring Test
Microsoft Excel is used in a lot of different jobs. Before hiring candidates, employers would like to make sure candidates have a good understanding of the application and will be able to use it to complete important functions that are required as part of the job.
Do you want to get ready for the Excel Assessment Exam quickly and pass it with the breeze? Make sure to watch below training videos and download practice files to follow along.
- Take a shortcut to learn how to get ready to pass the test the fastest way possible
- Watch the video and learn by following along with the exercise files
- Learn from the expert who helped prepare students to pass Excel Assessment Test
Why Purchase Excel Practice Test?
- Fastest Way to learn: One of the fastest way to learn to get ready for excel test is is to use hands on exercises that covers relevant material. The big advantage of Exercise files is that it allows you to focus on the topics you already know and skip ahead to learn topics that you need to master.
- Learn by doing hands on practice with Excel: There are many benefits to utilizing practice exercises , and adequately prepared for Excel Employment Assessment. With practice exercise files, you can get a feel for the types of questions they should expect to see during the test period, and they will also help them understand areas they need to improve on. After reviewing their practice test results, however, they can get a better sense of which areas are weakest. Having this knowledge, you can then focus your efforts in a more productive manner.
- You actually learn the material: Recent studies show that a huge benefit of taking practice exercises increases familiarity of material. Using these study materials, you can get a feel for the layout and question types the exams will have and won't be as nervous when answering the actual questions.
- You can time yourself: If Excel Assessment Test is timed, it can be a big problem for you if you aren't used to having a strict time limit. By taking practice exercises and knowing approximately how long it take for you to answer one question, you can calculate allowable time and successfully plan your actual exam. With testing exercises, you can can practice and time yourself as you work on questions.
TIPS FOR PASSING YOUR EXCEL INTERVIEW AND ASSESSMENT TEST!
TIP #1 – What are the Smartest Ways to Prepare for the test:
- Download latest version Excel and Explore
- Get latest version of Excel by enrolling into Office 365 subscription (Which is free for 30 days)
- Watch Free YouTube Training Videos
- Purchase Excel Test Preparation Training Courses
TIP #2 – What to do during the test:
- Read Question carefully (ideally more than once)
- Answer easy questions first (if you have a choice) and then focus on more complicated questions
- Validate your answer with more than one method before submitting (i.e. using manual calculations, using SUM function, using PivotTable calculations etc.)
TIP #3 – How to Pass Test Considering Recent events:
- Be prepared for Excel Test at Home
- You might be monitored and timed
- Anticipate questions based on the job position
- Research and practice before the test
- Reflect after the test and take notes
- Use these notes to get ready for next test
Created by Vadim Mikhailenko, MBA
- Vadim Mikhailenko, MBA, is an experienced coach, trainer and Information Technology professional with over 20 years experience
- Vadim works as an experienced consultant and educator helping students to find jobs that require Word skills
- He has hired many people and knows interview and assessment test process from inside out
- Vadim holds Masters Degree in Computer Science from Belorussian State University and MBA from Keller Graduate School of Management
- Learn from an industry expert and insider and get hired for that job, to launch your own career
Here’s what our customers say about us
yo! THANKS FOR THE HELP. I am a university stuent in America that half assed the excel! class for my marketing major but I decided to take the summer and learn whats illy important. I used plenty of your videos and now I can do all the things you described in this video. I now run a small ecommerce business hat brings me 700-1000 dollars a week of profit on average and usin g excel! has been the best wehn tracking finances. Thanks so much. Without this I wouldnt gave my organizaion in check! Thanks so much again.
Another excellent tutorial. I opened my own blank worksheet and copied the original and used pause to carry out step by step what was taught. I'm proud of my work and my 3-D chart all within the print area. This style of tutorial works really well for me. Thank you so much, Vadim you are the Best.
I just wanted to say thank you!! I took a performance exam today and your videos helped me ace it. Your practice excel sheet literally taught me everything I had to know. Thank you!
Thanks for the video sir ! I just completed the quiz successfully ! 7 questions were asked same way in the video ! Will definitely learn Excel now ! However it's not required for me but good to have Excel knowledge
Thank you!! I just passed my excel test that I needed to be promoted!! olikos
Thanks for the tutorial. Had my interview/ performance excel test today. I used some of your tips. They came in handy. I will know in two weeks if I got the gig. Thanks!!!
Vadim, outstanding classroom instruction methodology, sir, very helpful, love the soothing background music, your meticulous attention to detail makes for indelible subject matter retention, Bravo! Bravo!
OMG. This was perfect. I'm about to go to a job interview. This was a great refresher for any questions I may be asked. Thank you again!
insane and in perfect Tutorial. thanks ! Would love to see more Tutorials form you, more in depth with examples, than the one you made.
Vadim, your uploads are really helpful for me as I'm a relative newbie to Excel. I think your style of presenting is perfect for demonstrating Excel and I'm very grateful for the Bonus question at the end as I'm learning financial mathematics. Thanks again brother, keep up the good work!
Thank you so much! I always get anxious during excel practical examinations because I only know basics. This helped me a lot.
Am learning a lot. Thank you very much my friend. Bless you.
Great information and excellent information. Just what I needed to pass my Excel Employment Interview. Kudos to you and good for me. Muchas gracias and thanks very much.
Im in 8th grade and this was very very helpful to get me to pass my excel certification!!
Excellent teacher! I like your accent. Your demeanor comes across patient, eager to teach, ability to give relatable examples. English is very good well spoken. Comprehensive knowledge of the subject being taught with multiple strategies to teach.
Thank you very much, your presentation is very useful to learn to excel. God bless you.
This information is excellent the way you explain it, thank you!
I found your vloopups . Hoping it is as great as your other video . You are a great Teacher
great.. thanks clot, with you all the best
very helpful sir
Wow it not only gives you the right answer but also helps you to understand the right answer ... Thank you so much this helped a
Wow! Excellent stuff here. Lots to learn about and thank you for making it...
I am so happy to have found your channel! Great refresher course I went ahead and bought your practice course. Thank you so very much!
Thanks a MILLION. I've learnt so much. You are a very good teacher. Thank you!!
Thank you for the Video. I just aced the assessment. I was a little scared though because only about 5 of the questions from here came but I wouldn't have passed this if not of this video, gracias.
Online Training for Everyone This is your best excel video by far! Great tips on business related questions that could be asked during an interview and including new features for excel 365..
I want to salute you for your unique way of presenting the video, highly informative, for the first time I can say I found a rea user-friendly educational video format, looking forward to what is more to be shared thanks a lot!
Thank you very much for guiding me on how to approach these questions in the first attempt I failed becoz I thought I was pro in excel but unfortunately I wasn't. But in 2nd I passed excel as well as word wow
You are a lifesaver. Thanks a MILLION!!! And a million likes from me.
Thank you for the good work, sir!
omg, nice contents! it helped a lot...
Love how you take time to review all the answer choices and teach the material so thoroughly at a pace that's easy to stay up with. Thank you!
You just made this topic really simple to understand and to apply. The video edition is great.
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
If you’re not satisfied, we’re not satisfied! That’s why we’ll happily give your money back on any purchase.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We guarantee that the product you are downloading will help you learn the materials starting immediately, get ready for the interview, and pass the assessment test.
Secure & Easy Ordering Guarantee
All transactions are SSL-secured and guarantee your privacy. Orders can be placed online using a credit card or PayPal.
Download Excel Practice files now by clicking the button below to get read for the Interview and Assessment test to get hired for your Dream Job!