Microsoft Visio 2019 is software for drawing different type of diagrams: flowchart diagrams, floor plans diagram, electrical diagrams, flowcharts, org charts, building plans, floor plans, data flow diagrams, process flow diagrams, business process modeling, swim lane diagrams, 3D maps, and many more.
Visio includes a big library of shapes/symbols used in dozens of diagram types. These symbols represent specialized pieces of diagrams such as process flow diagrams, business process modeling, data flow diagrams, and many more. These are used widely in various fields for various purposes.
Microsoft Visio also can produce extremely helpful, slick, useful diagrams of all types, and these can provide the professional look you want for presentations, reports, audits, building plans, floor plans, documentation, and modeling better ways to do things.
Most often Visio is used to create a flowchart diagram. A flowchart or swimlane diagram is a type of diagram that defines who does what in a process.
Below are the benefits of creating flowchart diagram:
- Flowchart Diagrams can be formalized as a way to integrate processes between teams or departments, resulting in cleaner processes on an ongoing basis and make people better understand their roles and make organization more productive overall.
- Flowchart Diagram can be used to define the process in your team and/or organization to see if there are any opportunities for improvement
- You can use Flowchart Diagram to model a better way to structure the process or to account for changing process, such as staffing changes or technology changes
- Using Flowchart diagrams, you can highlight redundancies between different processes and identify bottlenecks, waste and other inefficiencies.
- Flowchart diagrams can reveal duplicate or unnecessary steps in a process, such as different departments performing the same task. It also can highlight process delays or capacity constraints within a particular swimlane so that they can be addressed and resolved. This can increase performance and quality and reduce unnecessary work and costs.
- Flowchart Diagrams can be used in other diagram types, highlight which process steps or sub-processes are assigned to a particular actor in the organization
- Like other diagrams, Flowchart Diagrams can communicate in clearer terms than a written documentation or narrative process description would.
Watch below tutorial to learn new features of Visio 2019 and how to create flowchart diagram in Visio 2019: